Amazon Seller Fulfilled Prime (SFP) represents a transformative opportunity for retailers to enhance their reach and visibility among Amazon Prime customers. But what exactly is Seller Fulfilled Prime, and how can eCommerce businesses leverage it effectively? This guide delves into the intricacies of SFP, highlighting its benefits and how Shipedge users can utilize its tools to meet the requirements of this attractive program.
What is Amazon Seller Fulfilled Prime?
Seller Fulfilled Prime (SFP) is a unique program offered by Amazon that enables sellers to deliver directly to domestic Prime customers from their own warehouse(s). The program grants the privilege of displaying the coveted Prime badge, symbolizing a commitment to one-day and two-day delivery without additional charges for Prime customers. Essentially, SFP allows sellers to offer the Prime-level service that customers crave, all while maintaining control of the inventory and fulfillment process.
Amazon launched the SFP program in 2015 to enable sellers to handle fulfillment independently while offering Prime delivery benefits. As the program expanded, some inconsistencies in customer experience led to a pause in new seller enrollment in 2019. Amazon has since worked to clarify the standards and provide more support for sellers in the SFP program. The company has announced plans to reopen new seller enrollment later this year, with updates on enrollment details and revised requirements expected in the coming months.
Discover how our WMS can improve your business
Key Benefits of Seller Fulfilled Prime
- 1. Broadening Customer Reach: With SFP, sellers can extend their products to Amazon’s expansive network of Prime members, which boosts visibility and encourages higher conversion rates.
- 2. Competing Effectively: Meeting the stringent requirements of the SFP program enables sellers to be more competitive, as the Prime badge assures customers of fast and free delivery.
- 3. Enhanced Customer Experience: Offering Guaranteed Delivery Date messaging and FREE Delivery messaging to Prime customers enhances trust and fosters loyalty.
Implementing Seller Fulfilled Prime: A Step-by-Step Approach
To get started with SFP sellers need to meet Amazon’s standards, starting with the below-listed requirements:
- 1. Qualify and Complete the Trial: Demonstrate fulfillment excellence during a trial period to prove capability in meeting Amazon’s standards.
- 2. Store Inventory in Warehouse: Retain inventory within your facility, maintaining control over stock levels.
- 3. Processing and Shipping Orders: Use approved carriers to process orders, buy shipping labels, and ship on the same day.
- 4. Ensure Timely Delivery: With reliable carriers, make sure orders reach customers within one or two days.
- 5. Adhere to Amazon’s Requirements: Meet stringent standards regarding on-time shipping, order cancellation rate, delivery coverage, weekend support, and more.
Products Ideal for Seller Fulfilled Prime
Although having products listed with the Amazon Prime badge is enticing, not all items are ideal for this program. As listed by Amazon, here are some categories for the best products to fulfill with Seller Fulfilled Prime:
- High-value items
- Seasonal or unpredictable demand products
- Items with variations
- Slow-moving goods
- Inventory requiring special handling or preparation
How Shipedge Users Can Leverage Amazon Seller Fulfilled Prime
As a Shipedge user, businesses have access to a suite of tools and features to take advantage of the Seller Fulfilled Prime program. Here’s how:
Shipedge’s comprehensive warehouse management solutions offer seamless inventory control, ensuring that products are stored, tracked, and managed effectively, a vital requirement for SFP.
Omnichannel Order Management
Managing orders across various channels is simplified with Shipedge’s omnichannel order management system, aligning with SFP’s demand for accurate and efficient processing. Always display the correct quantity available across all selling channels and never worry about overselling again.
Real-time inventory visibility and management with Shipedge’s advanced features allow for precise control over products that might be ideal for SFP, including high-value items and those requiring special handling.
Shipping & Rate Shopping
Shipedge’s shipping and rate shopping capabilities ensure that orders are shipped through approved carriers with optimal rates, aligning with Amazon’s requirements for one and two-day delivery promises.
3PL Automated Billing
For 3PLs working with Amazon‘s SFP, Shipedge’s automated billing solution streamlines billing processes, allowing you to focus on delivering exceptional service.
Barcode Scanning, Kitting, Light Manufacturing
Additional tools like barcode scanning, kitting, and light manufacturing further enhance efficiency and compliance with Amazon’s standards, ensuring smooth operations within the SFP framework.
Amazon FBA Prep Module
Shipedge’s dedicated Amazon FBA Prep Module supports users in fulfilling Amazon’s strict requirements, simplifying the preparation process for FBA or SFP.
Discover how our WMS can improve your business
Amazon Seller Fulfilled Prime offers a unique opportunity for retailers to elevate their business within the Amazon marketplace. By meeting Amazon’s rigorous standards and leveraging the multifaceted tools that Shipedge provides, eCommerce businesses can not only take part in this program but thrive within it.
With Shipedge’s suite of solutions, users are well-equipped to navigate the complexities of Seller Fulfilled Prime, enhancing their competitive edge and building lasting relationships with Prime customers. The integration between Shipedge and Amazon’s SFP allows for a symbiotic relationship that fosters growth and success in today’s rapidly evolving eCommerce landscape. Explore these opportunities and elevate your business to new heights with the Seller Fulfilled Prime program.